Improve your business operation, promote the governance and control of all terminals and critical processes in stores offering high availability in the service provided to your customer.
- Maximizes the availability of your self-service terminals or ATMs, avoiding unnecessary interruptions
- Remotely tracks input replacement needs (printer reels and cash for withdrawals)
- Monitors the applications installed in the branches' boxes and the peripherals connected to the box terminals, such as bill dispenser and recycler, card and barcode reader, scanners, semiautomatic readers, printers, keyboards and pinpads
- Monitors the TEF (electronic funds transfer) and check the connectivity status of the stores and agencies monitored with the contracted administrators
- Sends alerts about any status change in the paying module, such as bank notes, cassette unavailability and cash level
- Checks the status of the printer, with an indication of jam or end of paper and in the sensor modules (vibration, temperature and smoke sensor, upper or lower door opening)
- Runs routines and processes at scheduled times, such as backups, file copying or even remote commands to restart applications or shut down a terminal, automating regular frequency procedures and actions
- Present in retail, with more than 18,000 POSs monitored, in addition to servers, terminals for price inquiries and TEF infrastructure
- Present in financial institutions, with more than 25,000 monitored points, including ATMs, tellers and servers.