Turn time spent filling up to time spent up selling
The time is now to invest in indoor wireless networks
Many enterprise and retail IT organizations struggle to meet end user demands for ubiquitous wireless coverage at blazing fast speeds. The underlying issue for most IT organizations is a lack of expertise with today’s indoor cellular networks. Formulating a wireless strategy beyond Wi-Fi requires mobile network expertise, a detailed understanding of deployment costs and an ability to provide ongoing systems maintenance. An experienced professional services partner can consult with IT organizations and business stakeholders during these critical decisions and lead a technology assessment to address:
- Multi-carrier ‘bring your own device’ (BYOD) programs and greater user density;
- Signal source agreements with Wireless Service Providers;
- Consumption of bandwidth-rich business applications and streaming video;
- Connecting machines in support of Internet of Things (IoT) initiatives;
- Optimization between wireless LAN and cellular networks for seamless offloading;
- Use of common IP networks and cabling infrastructure; and
- Meeting code requirements for coverage and access of public safety systems.
Delaying actions to address capacity, density and quality of service will result in continued deterioration of performance across your business as end-users become increasingly more dependent on the wireless network.
The stark reality:
Having the ability to bring technologies and infrastructure together is the key to driving simplicity and scalability, but radio frequency (RF) propagation differs between Wi-Fi, cellular, public safety and low-powered networks. It starts with a partner, like NCR, with the expertise and tools to properly evaluate your in-building environment, deploy OEM-certified systems and provide support services to keep your mobile users connected.
- Peace of mind that you’ll have a bullet proof roadmap as wireless technologies rapidly evolve
- Ensure future connectivity of all humans and machines
- Preserve value and greater marketability of commercial real estate
- Improve the productivity and experience of staff and guests
- Support critical business applications seamlessly across Wi-Fi and cellular networks
- Reduce OPEX as in-building wireless systems are becoming Enterprise-friendly and scalable
- Wireless Service Providers are now delivering RF signal source using lower cost methods
Interested in learning about NCR’s portfolio of services to support global wireless deployments? Click here to learn more. [LL1] http://www.ncr.com/telecom-technology/technology-domains/wireless