Before you apply
We receive lots of applications, so it’s important to make yours stand out. We’ve put together these hints and tips to help you...
- Read up on NCR via our careers pages - check out the employee stories
- Follow NCR for updates - we’re on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Be concise and ensure the information on your CV / Resume has impact
- Keep it simple and clear – you can always elaborate at the interview
- Study the job description; identify which relevant skills/experience you have. If you don’t, consider other experiences that might be appropriate
- Read the application questions carefully – take time to think about each question and add your personality to your answer
- Summarize your key achievements at the top of your CV / Resume
- Don’t have any unexplained gaps on your CV / Resume – if you have had a career break or have been traveling, let us know
- Academic and professional qualifications should flow in a logical order, starting with the most recent job or course
- Check your application before submitting. Check spelling and get a friend or family member to read through if it helps
- Do your research – understand our organizational structure and the work of the team you are applying to join
- Understand competency-based questions – prepare and give examples of when you have delivered against a certain value or behavior or delivered against a skill set
- Trial your interview answers with a friend
- Be on time – leave plenty of time to get there
- Be yourself – be honest, open and sell yourself
- Build rapport – make eye contact
- Prepare any questions you’d like to ask at the end of the interview
If you have any application questions - check out our FAQs page.
Best of luck! We look forward to reading your application.