Retailers’ physical stores are a critical part of the retail industry now and moving forward. Yes, online shopping has never been more popular, but consumers still say that they prefer to shop in person. The top reason for that is the experience of it—particularly being able to see and touch items they want to buy. So, despite all their online shopping and Amazon appearing to take over the world, your brick and mortars remain relevant.
Now the name of the game in your store will be maximizing your customers experience through frictionless and uninterrupted service with smooth customer-facing store operations. And that’s all made possible with the proactive management of technology throughout your store enabled by a few core capabilities, including the following three:
- Omnipresent, continuous device connectivity encompassing self-checkouts, POS systems, tablets, kiosks, and servers
- Data visualization that captures, synthesizes and presents data—including device telemetry, configuration, and usage information— in a format that’s specifically useful to store operators
- Process automation including incident detection, diagnosis and resolution
Many use cases of MSPs (Managed Services Provider) show evidence that they’re enabling retailers with capabilities that are improving worker productivity, decreasing total cost of ownership, improving store technology availability and performance, and improving customer experience around the globe.
Wondering if your business could receive help from an MSP or if you want to stick with the break/fix IT approach? Answering the following questions might help:
1. Do you have a network of 100 or more stores?
2. Are you dealing with multiple technology support vendors?
3. In your tech support model, do you have multiple help desks, some of which are outsourced?
4. Do you have a proliferation of mobile devices?
5. Does your business depend on the reliable and consistent availability of technology?
If you answered yes to any of the questions, chances are good that you’ll profit from an MSP. The device connectivity, data visualization, and process automation delivered in a seamless, integrated way could free you up to delight your customers and grow your business.
See how NCR can help you run your retail store from end to end.