During this challenging time, we wanted to provide helpful information for our NCR Payment Solutions clients regarding cleaning their payment devices.
PIN pad cleaning and sanitizing
- Cleaning guides for Verifone, Equinox and Ingenico devices can be found on the ServerEPS Customer Service Page.
- Improper cleaning procedures may trigger tamper notifications on devices
- Do NOT spray water or cleaner into the Magnetic Stripe Reader (MSR) or Smart Card Reader slots, ports, or into ANY openings as it may damage electrical components.
- Do NOT use industrial strength or an abrasive cleaner (such as bleach, aerosol spray, or solvents) as it may damage or scratch the terminal and/or screen.
- Do NOT immerse the terminal in ANY liquid as it may damage electrical components.
- Do NOT spray or apply any type of cleaner directly onto the terminal.
OPTIC cleaning and sanitizing guide
Here's how to safely clean your OPTIC terminals:
1. Use warm, mildly soapy water and a clean cloth to clean the terminal
2. Dry the terminal with a clean cloth
3. Use a cloth or wipe (never a spray) to disinfect the terminal using 70% isopropyl alcohol.
- Do not spray anything into the terminal, card reader, printer chutes or any openings in the dispenser or terminal.
- Do not use the following potentially harmful cleaning processes or products:
- Pressure washers or sprayers
- Strong caustic solvents
- Acetones and ethanol
- Ammonia and/or sodium hydroxide-based solutions or other acids
PAX terminals -
Verifone terminals -
Ingenico terminals -
Equinox terminals -
Please contact your account manager if you have any follow up questions or concerns.