All ATM touchscreens (internal and external) can be effectively cleaned with diluted detergent or up to 70% isopropyl alcohol solution.
Make sure you follow the cleaning procedure below to avoid damage to the touchscreen:
1. Clean the screen using a non-abrasive cloth and a diluted detergent solution, such as household soap and water. Do not apply any cleaning products directly to the screen and do not soak the cloth: wring it out before use.
2. Dry the screen with another soft cloth.
3. The screen can then be further cleaned by dampening a cloth with isopropyl alcohol solution, or using pre-packaged wipes, to wipe the screen. Do not apply any cleaning products directly to the screen and do not soak the cloth: wring it out before use.
Plastic & metal surfaces
Diluted detergent or up to 70% isopropyl alcohol solution can be used for cleaning plastic and metal surfaces of ATMs.
Diluted detergent or up to 70% isopropyl alcohol solution, can be used for cleaning PIN pads but they should then be wiped over again with clean water to prevent degradation of materials.
The following US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommended disinfectants, or their equivalent, are safe for use on NCR products:
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes - Reg. No. 5813-79
- Clorox Healthcare Bleach Germicidal Wipes - Reg. No. 67619-12
- Clorox Commercial Solutions Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner Disinfectant Wipes - Reg. No. 67619-25
- Lonza Disinfectant Wipes - Reg. No. 6836-313
- Lysol Brand Clean & Fresh Multi Surface Cleaner
(20% cleaner solution to water ratio) - Reg. No. 777-89
- Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes - Reg. No. 84150-1
- Sani-Cloth Prime Germicidal Disposable Wipes - Reg. No. 9480-12