The Advanced Post Web client is designed for sites where on-line Web connectivity is the best fit, such as smaller sites that may not do enough business to justify a full POS system. The Advanced Post Web client typically communicates with the Advanced Post Central Management System, but can be configured to communicate with an Advanced Post in-store server at another post office. The Web client provides all of the same functionality as the full client, with the exception of supporting the various stand-alone modes
NCR recommends this scenario for small post offices or manual sites, since business operations are impacted if the connection to the network is down.
- All data is centralized; transaction level data is captured and made available from post offices that do not provide it today. Software and data updates are done via the Advanced Post Central Management System (CMS); web clients receive the updates automatically.
- Front Office and Back Office software and common business objects execute on the centralized server.
- The retail unit does not have an in-store server or terminal. Data is centralized.
- Only a standard Web browser and desired peripherals are required - no specific hardware configuration is needed.
- Centralized data is secure and easy to backup.