WR Restaurants was founded in 1994 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and today operates seven restaurant concepts with a total of 24 sites across five states. Its concepts include Minervas Restaurant, Minervas Food & Cocktails, Minervas Restaurant & Bar, Minerva’s Grill & Bar, Kahills Steak, Fish & Chops, The Phillips Ave Diner and RedRossa Napoli Pizza. With a mixture of fast casual, fine dining and banquet facilities, WR Restaurants knows what it takes to operate restaurants successfully.
Like many restaurant operators, the staff at WR Restaurants never would have suspected or guessed that employees were stealing from the business. “We have a very close-knit family of employees who work for us, and many of them have been doing so for years,” says Ken Bashore, regional director for WR Restaurants. The majority of WR Restaurants have used NCR (formerly Radiant Systems) technology since the mid 1990s, and Bashore learned about Aloha Restaurant Guard through Retail Data Systems, its Aloha reseller. “While I didn’t think we had a problem with employee theft, I was curious about Aloha Restaurant Guard and decided to pilot the application,” says Bashore.
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
NCR Aloha Technology Solution:
- Point-of-sale software and hardware• Stored value applications
- Employee theft deterrence application
Partner: Retail Data Systems
- Discovered vast amounts of fraudulent server activity from just one report
- Caught several employees whose theft totaled more than $67,000
- Used transactional data from Aloha Restaurant Guard to receive the majority of the stolen dollars back from employees
- Dramatically decreased employee theft in the restaurants, increasing the overall profitability of the organization